This is a diary of my love affair with the cello.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When things work out (in my favor)

A friend called me up and asked me if I was going to the Yo-Yo Ma concert in May. Oh no...I had completely forgotten about it!! With very little hope, I went on the website to see if there were any tickets left. I clicked to purchase and up came a large seating map with all the seats grayed out (indicating occupied) except for one little tiny seat in the 7th row. ONE seat left! Needless to say, I quickly bought it.

The next day, my friend emailed me saying that the concert was sold out. Why can't things work out like this all the time?

My friend ended up finding a seat for him and his girlfriend towards the back so...we are all good.

So...Hooray!!! I finally get to see him perform.

2 comments:

Mike Lunapiena said...

Hi,

Just got your comment ...

Just so you know, that's a *very* old entry of mine ... maybe I should go and reread some of those...

currrently to record myself I use the following:

If video, I use the built in camera on my macbook along w/ iMovie

if audio, I record into a mixer (either through an amplifier I have, or through a mic.) ... I used to record using the internal mic on my macbook ...

so basically the answer is, I'm spoiled and have a macbook

for video, I'm really not sure what to recommend...

btw, you might be interested in the improv. series I'm doing on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/mlunapiena

hope that helps, and good luck!

Anonymous said...

I found many youngsters falling for such things. Now a days all these things has become as a part of our life.
-----------
Stellathomas

temporary jobs London and the UK